This article covers an introduction to the photo book editor you'll currently find on the Artifact Uprising website. It will provide information to help you navigate around the editor, and links to other articles for further detail.
When you start a new photo book project and head into the editor, you'll see a screen that looks something like this:
The image layouts and options along the top and right side of the editor will look different depending on the type of book being created. Pictured is the editor view for an 8.5 x 8.5" Softcover Book.
Along the bottom of the page is the toolbar key.
Scroll through the thumbnail images of each print along the left side of the screen to see all the templates available to fill. This will vary based on the type of book you have selected. Click to select a template and make edits once it appears at the center of the screen.
Along the top of the screen you'll see the top toolbar:
- Untitled Project - double click this text to enter a title for your project, or edit the current title
- The dropdown in the middle of the screen shows the details of the book type currently being created. To change the size of project, click the dropdown. Note that any edits (cropping, etc) made to the image will be lost when the size is changed.
- Click the three dots icon to save the project, exit the editor, or access the help center. Once you are logged in, you can also click here to view a high resolution proof of each page of the project.
- Add to Cart will save the project and add it to the cart, where you can check out. Once the project has been placed in your cart, no more edits can be made.
If the book has additional options available, you'll see those reflected on the right side of the editor under the Add to Cart button - you can change the fabric color of a hardcover or layflat album, the foil color of a layflat, or the dust jacket design of a hardcover there.
The main toolbar is located along the bottom of the editor. Each tab is labeled to explain the purpose:
- Images: If you are logged in, all of your Image Galleries will automatically appear within this tab. Click to open any gallery, or click Add Photos to choose your photo source and upload your images.
- You can also click the + sign within the large template shown in the middle of the editor to upload an image straight from your desktop.
- Layout: Displays all layouts available for the given project/page. Click the layout to apply it to the template.
Another toolbar appears on the left of the editor. This includes a thumbnail preview of each page in your book (scroll to see all pages). You'll see a trash can next to each page if you can delete pages from your book - if you don't see the trash can, you've reached the minimum page count and will not be able to delete any pages.
- Add Page: Click to add a two-page spread to the end of your book project.
- Edit Pages: Similar to the Organize tab in the legacy editor, clicking this button allows you to add, delete, and rearrange pages within your book.
- You'll find a trash can icon next to the page thumbnails to delete pages if you have not reached the page minimum of your book type.
Have questions? Contact us, and we can give you a hand!