Our printers are optimized for sRGB color profile, so you will need to convert your photos before uploading them to our site in order to make sure that the color of your photos print accurately. Our team has compiled three easy ways to change your color profile. Here’s how:
In Preview on a Mac:
- Open your image in Preview
- Select the Tools tab from the top menu bar, then Assign Profile
- Select sRGB IEC61966-2.1 from the dropdown menu
- Select OK
- Select File and Export from the top menu bar
- Make sure the Format is JPEG and the Quality is set to Best
- Save to your computer
Tip: Want to make sure the profile is changed? Open the new photo file in Preview, and select Tools and Show Inspector from the top menu bar. It should then say sRGB IEC61966-2.1 under ColorSync Profile.
- Open your image in Photoshop
- Select Edit, then Convert to Profile
- Select sRGB IEC61966-2.1 from the Destination Space Profile dropdown menu
- Select OK
- Select File and Save As, and save your image your computer
On a PC
You can use the site http://www.cmyk2rgb.com/ to convert your images to sRGB. Make sure you change the Output format to JPG before saving to your computer.
Why do you use the sRGB color space?
We opted to use a common and accessible color profile that reproduces well with our processes. We understand there are other color profiles that offer a wider range of colors and are popular color spaces amongst pros. Starting as a consumer friendly printing service, we wanted to take away some of the complexities that can come with photo printing and this profile reproduces best with our method.