Production time: 8 Business Days
We offer many types of Layflat Albums: The Layflat Album, the Wedding Layflat Album, and the Signature Layflat Album. We also offer a Wedding Guest Book, a Photo Strip Guest Book, and an Elopement Layflat. You can see the differences between these album types here:
What is new/different in the Signature Layflat Album compared to the Layflat Album and Wedding Layflat Album?
- Bonded leather available in two colors: Chestnut and Coal
- Leather covers are blended from real, recycled leather fragments into a smooth, sustainable material.
- Fabric Colors: Midnight Blue, Smoke, Seamist, Gunmetal, Emerald, Pacific Blue, Eucalyptus, Oatmeal, Blush, Ruby, Terracotta, Lavender. These linens provide a premium texture, using plant-based fibers instead of plastic.
- 5 of the 6 Designs have a tip-on photo on the cover
- The image size is a 3.5x3.5" square, with a small white border
- The tip-on photo cannot be removed
- 5 Foil colors: Gold, Copper, Silver, White, Black
- "Custom" cover design has 2 lines of foil stamping with a tip-on photo
- "Text Only" has 2 lines of foil stamping without a tip-on photo
- Ivory Lace (Ivory) or
- Handmade Marbled Paper in Gold/Cream
- Due to their handmade nature, each end sheet will vary slightly in its marbled patterns and may have unique “blemishes” as a result of the manual creation process.
Satin Cream Ribbon Marker: 3/8 inch wide
Page/Spread Count: Minimum capacity of 20 Pages (10 Spreads), Maximum capacity of 90 Pages (45 Spreads)
Album Sizes: 10x10 and 12x12
Walnut Keepsake Box: Optional add-on
*The layouts are the same for the Layflat Album, Wedding Layflat Album, and Signature Layflat Album.
What type of paper is used for the Signature Layflat albums?
The Signature Layflat Album is made with the same paper types as our other Layflat Albums. There are two paper type options that make up the insides of our Signature Layflat Photo Albums, each certified by the Forest Stewardship Council:
- Lustre: Mohawk ProPhoto paper in lustre finish; has a light sheen (reminiscent of traditional photo paper) with a smooth finish
- Superfine: Mohawk Superfine paper in eggshell finish; matte paper with a lightly textured finish
How thick are the layflat album pages? How much will my album weigh?
Each page is about .04” thick. The minimum page count (20 pages/10 spreads) is about .625” in thickness. The maximum page count (90 pages/45 spreads) is about 2" in thickness. The pages are not measured in gsm since the photo paper has a glue sheet inserted to create a flush mount photo album. The weights of the albums themselves range from around 2.5 - 8 lbs.
- 10 x 10 Signature Layflat with 20 pages/10 spreads weighs about 2.5 lbs
- 12 x 12 Signature Layflat with 90 pages/45 spreads weighs about 8 lbs
How should I store my album?
Store your Signature Layflat album in a cool, dry place, and avoid direct sunlight. We recommend positioning albums for longer-term storage by lying horizontally, rather than standing up on its binding, in order to prevent warping. This will help decrease gravity's effect on the shape and construction of your book, while still keeping it on display, ready to flip through!
Can I add custom fonts, layouts, etc for my foil stamping on the cover and spine of my book?
All of the foil stamping for our Layflat Albums is done by hand, so unfortunately we cannot accommodate any customization beyond the options provided within the editor. We've introduced four themed cover layouts to our Signature Layflat Album, which offer some unique fonts and design options compared to our classic layouts.
What type of binding is used for the layflat album?
We use flush mount materials. Each page has a glue sheet inserted to make the page extra thick. These pages are secured around the spine and then placed into the cover, which is then adhered to the outer side of the end sheets.
Can I change my album size once I've started my project?
Yes, you can change the size of your album within the editor. On the lefthand side of the screen, click "Customize", then click the dropdown menu that lists the book sizes. Please note some layouts will be changed when switching album sizes, and may also result in the cropping of your images re-setting. Be sure to double-check each spread after changing the album size.
I started a Layflat Album or Wedding Layflat, but I want to use different cover designs. Can I change my project to the Signature Layflat Album?
It is not possible to change the type of album you create once your project is started. To use a cover design or fabric color exclusive to the Signature Layflat Album, you'll need to start a new project.
Is the Artifact Uprising logo on the layflat album?
Our Layflat Photo Albums do not include our logo on the final product. It comes in a custom, white box with a removable sleeve with the logo on it. The logo is included on the product shipping packaging, and cannot be removed.
How much is each additional page?
10 x 10 - $7.00 per added page/$14.00 per spread
12 x 12” - $8.00 per added page/$16.00 per spread
*Please keep in mind that pages are added in increments of two, which is one spread.
How large is the Wooden Keepsake Box?
The box that comes with the 10 x 10" album is 11 x 11", with a 10 7/8 x 10 7/8" lid. The box that comes with the 12 x 12" album is 13 x 13", with a 12 7/8 x 12 7/8" lid.
At this time, we do not offer the Wooden Keepsake Boxes separately in site. They can be purchased along with the Signature Layflat.
What does the foil stamping look like?
- The wooden box foil color will match book foil color chosen in the editor
- Available foil colors for the box are gold, silver, copper, white, black
- The foil is a single line of custom text, centered vertically on lid (with option to align text left, right, or center).
Check out some tips on Building A Wedding Album.