Is envelope addressing available for all cards?
Currently, we offer envelope addressing on most of our cards, except for our 5 x 5" size. We hope to be able to offer addressing on this size in the future – and appreciate your patience!
How will addresses be printed?
You have the option to choose to print only return addresses, or return and recipient addresses. Addresses will only be printed on one side of the envelope. Currently there is only one option for font (Baskerville), text color (black), and location on envelope (see image below).
How do I add envelope addressing to my cards?
When you start a new card project, you'll see the option to add return addressing, recipient addressing, or both. You can update this selection within the editor, by clicking the Envelope icon under My Pages on the left side of the editor.
Please note: you must be logged into your Artifact Uprising account in order to add envelope addressing to your project.
How do I enter my return address?
Within the editor, click the Envelope icon on the left side of the screen. You'll then see the Addressing bar open along the bottom of the editor - click to select a return address from your Address Book, or you can add a new address by clicking Add (under Return Address).
How do I enter my recipient addresses?
Within the editor, click the Envelope icon on the left side of the screen. You'll then see the Addressing bar open along the bottom of the editor - under Recipient Addresses, click Add to upload your recipient address file:
Envelope addressing is only available using our provided template. Download below to get started (see attached).
Add Recipient Information
Enter your recipient's names and addresses in the template provided. Once finished, make sure to save the template as a .csv, .xls, or .xlsx file. Other file types are not supported. Check out the envelope preview below.
Review & Upload Completed Template
Once recipient information has been reviewed, upload your completed template through the "Upload" button under your project details in the Cart.
*You verify that I have reviewed my Recipient Address Template, and confirm the spelling and quantity of recipients is correct.
Template Formatting Tips:
- Make sure the Postal Code field is formatted as “zip code” in Excel or “plain text” in Sheets, especially if there are zip codes starting with zero
What else do I need to know?
- Spare envelopes included in the order will not be printed on
- This service is currently NOT available on our app. Orders placed on the app are not applicable for envelope addressing.
- If there are fewer recipient addresses in the provided CSV than number of envelopes, those envelopes that do not have recipient addresses will print with only return addresses
- If you're accessing your project from your mobile browser, we recommend switching to a computer to download and complete the addressing template
My address template isn't uploading. What do I do?
- Make sure the template is in CSV format
- Ensure every box is filled in (with the exception of Street 2, if not applicable)
- Verify that no pre-set template boxes (header row, etc) have been modified or removed
- Try uploading the template in the cart. If the template cannot be uploaded, an error message will cue you to what line(s) need to be adjusted for successful upload
Still not working? Head here for additional troubleshooting tips.