Is envelope addressing available for all cards?
We offer envelope addressing options for most of our cards. All of our Holiday, Christmas, New Year, and Save the Date cards come with envelope addressing options.
Some of the Card Designs, Birth Announcements, Thank You's, and Folded cards do not come with envelope addressing options.
We hope to be able to offer addressing options for all card designs in the future.
How will addresses be printed?
You have the option to choose to print only return addresses, or return and recipient addresses. Addresses will only be printed on one side of the envelope. Currently there is only one option for font (Baskerville), text color (black), and location on envelope (see image below).
How do I add envelope addressing to my cards?
When you start a new card project, you'll see the option to add return addressing, recipient addressing, or both. You can update this selection within the editor, by clicking the Envelope icon under My Pages on the left side of the editor.
Please note: you must be logged into your Artifact Uprising account in order to add envelope addressing to your project.
How do I enter my return address?
Within the editor, click the Envelope icon on the left side of the screen. You'll then see the Addressing bar open along the bottom of the editor - click to select a return address from your Address Book, or you can add a new address by clicking Add (under Return Address).
How do I enter my recipient addresses?
Within the editor, click the Envelope icon on the left side of the screen. You'll then see the Addressing bar open along the bottom of the editor - under Recipient Addresses, click Add to upload your recipient address file:
Copy the Template
Envelope addressing is available through our Google Sheets template. (You must be logged in to a Google account to use.) Make a copy of the template by clicking “Make a Copy.”
Don’t have a Google account? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for alternate upload instructions.
Add Recipient Information
Enter your recipient's names and addresses in the Google Sheets template provided.Some helpful tips:
- Check out an envelope addressing example below
- Each field has a 50-character limit.
- Street 2, State/Province, and Country are optional fields, but should be added if essential to the address.
Review & Upload Completed Template
Once recipient information has been reviewed make sure to save the template as a .csv file. Other file types are not supported. Then, upload your completed template through the "Upload" button under the "Envelope" section of your project!
*You will need to verify that you have reviewed your Recipient Address Template, and confirm the spelling and quantity of recipients is correct.
Template Formatting Tips:
- Make sure the Postal Code field is formatted as “zip code” in Excel or “plain text” in Sheets, especially if there are zip codes starting with zero
What else do I need to know?
- Spare envelopes included in the order will not be printed on
- This service is currently NOT available on our app. Orders placed on the app are not applicable for envelope addressing.
- If there are fewer recipient addresses in the provided CSV than number of envelopes, those envelopes that do not have recipient addresses will print with only return addresses
- If you're accessing your project from your mobile browser, we recommend switching to a computer to download and complete the addressing template
My address template isn't uploading. What do I do?
- Make sure that you downloaded the template in CSV format
- Ensure every box is filled in (with the exception of Street 2, State/Province, and Country, if not applicable)
- Verify that no pre-set template boxes (header row, etc) have been modified or removed
- Make sure there is a space between the 'Street' and '1', 'Street' and '2', and 'Postal' and 'Code'
- If the template cannot be uploaded, an error message will cue you to what line(s) need to be adjusted for a successful upload
Still not working? Head here for additional troubleshooting tips.
Can I place my card order and then email you the CSV address list separately, instead of uploading the list at the time of checkout?
No, please do not do this. Our envelope addressing system is automated, and we will not be able to manually add the addresses to your order after it is placed.
Addressing Template Download: