This article covers an introduction to the "new editor" you'll currently find on the Artifact Uprising website. It will provide information to help you navigate around the editor, and links to other articles for further detail. Click the links below to get started:
With few exceptions, when you start a non-photo book project and head into the editor, you'll see a screen that looks something like this:
The image layouts and options along the top and right side of the editor will look different depending on the type of project being created. Pictured is the editor view for a 5x5 Everyday Print Set.
Along the bottom of the page is the toolbar key.
Scroll through the thumbnail images of each print along the left side of the screen to see all the templates available to fill. This will vary based on the type of project you have selected. Click to select a template and make edits once it appears at the center of the screen.
Along the top of the screen you'll see the top toolbar:
- Untitled Project - double click this text to enter a title for your project, or edit the current title
- The dropdown shows the details of the project currently being created. To change the size of project, click the dropdown. Note that any edits (cropping, etc) made to the image will be lost when the size is changed.
- Click the three dots icon to save the project, exit the editor, or access the help center. Once you are logged in, you can also click here to view a high resolution proof of each page of the project.
- The price shows the price of the project being created. This does not include tax or shipping.
- Add to Cart will save the project and add it to the cart, where you can check out. Once the project has been placed in your cart, no more edits can be made.
If the project has additional options available, you'll see those reflected on the right side of the editor under the Add to Cart button - you can change the starting month of a calendar, the number of prints in an everyday print set, and the frame finish of a frame project.
The main toolbar is located along the bottom of the editor. Each tab is labeled to explain the purpose:
- Images: If you are logged in, all of your Image Galleries will automatically appear within this tab. Click to open any gallery, or click Add Photos to choose your photo source and upload.
- You can also click the + sign within the large template shown in the middle of the editor to upload an image straight from your desktop.
- Layout: Displays all layouts available for the given project/page. Click the layout to apply it to the template.
Tabs will only appear in the editor for applicable products. If you do not see the Layout tab available, this means the image layout cannot be changed.
Have questions? Contact us, and we can give you a hand!